With a wide range of projects around the world, Connexus is always searching for talented individuals to join our growing team of employees and consultants. We offer competitive pay and benefits and are committed to the professional growth of our employees. Please see below for current home office and consulting opportunities.
If you are a consultant and would like to simply submit your CV, please email a current copy to email@example.com.
Position: Egyptian Finance Specialist
Opportunity Type: Full-Time Job
Location: Cairo, Egypt
About the Job:
Connexus is seeking a Finance Specialist for the anticipated five-year USAID/Egypt Value-Added Solutions Project, with experience financing Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and agribusinesses in Egypt. The purpose of the project is to accelerate growth in the agricultural sector in Egypt by providing targeted technical assistance and facilitating access to finance and other resources. In particular, the project aims to:
- Double incomes of 25,000 small farmers;
- Create 12,000 sustainable Full Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs in agri-businesses both on- and off-farm over the life of the project;
- Improve agricultural water-use efficacy and efficiency over 22,000 hectares;
- Develop partnerships with Egyptian firms and agricultural organizations to build post-harvest centers and/or food processing facilities in Egypt’s food sector;
- Leverage at least $10 million in private sector contributions to project partnerships.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify and make contact with key informants and key stakeholders in agribusinesses and related small and medium enterprise (SME) sectors
- Provide training and technical assistance to financial institutions to improve lending processes to SMEs and agribusinesses
- Develop relationships with local and international financial institutions and investors
- Provide support to finance and microfinance institutions to expand their agribusiness and SME lending and create jobs
- Assist agribusinesses, agricultural cooperatives and related small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to increase their capabilities to access loans
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Egyptian citizen and current legal right to work in Egypt.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in finance or investment promotion.
- Experience in programs aimed at increasing access to finance for SMEs and agribusinesses, including women and youth owned businesses
- Experience working with financial institutions and banks to develop internal capacity and to improve operational policies and processes
- Demonstrated creativity, willingness to innovate, think systemically and design catalytic activities
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs in Northern Africa and the Middle East desired
- This position requires spoken and written fluency in English and Arabic
Deadline: Friday, September 22, 2017
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Egyptian Finance Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls please.